Mastering Skytap Cloud
Best viewed by: Users and Admins | Level: Intermediate | Instructor: Michele
Learn how to configure Skytap VMs as container hosts, and run containers side-by-side with traditional application components.
If you’re new to using containers, see Docker’s general overview at https://docs.docker.com/engine/docker-overview/#docker-architecture.
This video references several sources:
- Docker’s instructions for Installing Docker CE on Ubuntu: https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/linux/docker-ce/ubuntu/
- The Skytap help documentation for creating a container host VM: https://help.skytap.com/containers-enabling-a-vm-as-a-container-host.html
Try it now
- Create a new environment from the Ubuntu 16 public template
- Configure the Ubuntu VM as a container host VM.
- Use the Skytap UI to add a container to the VM from the Docker public hub. For example, add the Docker hello-world container.
- Use the Skytap UI to stop or remove the container.
- Delete the environment when you no longer need it.
For help with this exercise, see the following articles:
Next: 3.2 Configuring VM Audio